New this year, the Pirates are happy to be adding adult training back to our club for the first time in many years.
Our training program for adults is focused on teaching and training athletes to race in triathlons in a social environment.
In planning for this program, our coaches assume that athletes have a fitness base that is maintained through participation in personal training or other programs — PPTC practices focus largely on technique, skills, and higher intensity training, leaving low intensity training to be done outside PPTC practice time.
2019 Draft Schedule
|Mon||Bike & Run||tbd||Trent University|
|Wed||Swim & Run||7–9:30pm||Trent University||spring only|
|Wed||Swim & Run||6–8pm||Lakefield Beach||summer only|
Practices run for 22 weeks beginning 10 Apr 2019.
Please check the calendar for the exact details of practices for 2019.
- While we endeavour to provide a safe environment in which to train, especially when skills are first being learned, athletes will be training in environments that change quickly and can pose great risk.
- Athletes are expected to keep personal and group safety as their number one priority at all times.
Athletes are encouraged to work on their riding skills through the programs offered by the Peterborough Cycling Club. The PCC offers programs suitable for beginners through to competitive riders.
Athletes are encouraged to work on their swimming skills through the Masters program offered by the Trent Torpedoes Swim Club.
- Pre-requisite skills:
- Continuously and safely swim 400m of front crawl in open water
- Continuously and safely ride 10km on a busy road
- Continuously and safely run 3km
- Membership Registrations:
- Road bicycle with helmet, lights, tire changing equipment, spare tube, and water bottle(s) with bottle cage(s)
- Swim goggles, cap, training fins and snorkel
- Running shoes with speed laces
- Suitable clothing for swim, bike and run training in all weather
- plus, optionally
- Triathlon-specific bike shoes and “clipless” pedals, are highly recommended
- A bike computer that can show pace, speed, cadence, distance, and time, is highly recommended